Saturday, November 1, 2014

A Letter to my son, David

Dear David,
 
Happy Birthday, my sweet boy! Of course you stopped being a "boy" a long time ago but you will always be my baby. I can hardly believe that it has been thirty three years since I first held you in my arms. You are one of the many blessings that I have been given in my life. The day you were born is forever etched into my heart and soul. I think you know that feeling now that you have Easton.

You are an wonderful son, though you definitely tried my patience to no end growing up! I have memories that to this day that still make me smile and laugh. My most precious memories of you are the day you were born, the day you married Cassie and the day that you both gave us our precious little grandson, Easton.

You continue to amaze me in your love for our family, including your parents, step-parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins; your wife, Cassie and your son Easton, and for your friends. I am very proud to call you my son and my friend.

You showed me your strength and courage when Kenny died. You showed your love for him by singing "Here I am Lord" at his funeral something I would never be able to do. I am so glad that someone had the foresight to tape Kenny's funeral because I will always be able to listen to you sing that song.

I can not tell you how happy I was when we learned that you and Cassie had started seeing each other again after eight years of going your separate ways. I am so proud to call her my daughter and my friend. You two were made for each other. When I see you with Easton my heart swells with pride knowing how much you love him. You are an amazing husband! You are a great Dad and my heart melts when I see you with Easton. 
 
I wish for you on this 33rd a future full of love, family, health, happiness and fun.

I love you, David Nathaniel! 

Momma

The many wonderful faces of David Nathaniel! (c) 2014 Dawn Kogutkiewicz


No comments:

Post a Comment