Wow, where has 2015 gone? It has flown by and now 2016 is literally knocking at the door.
Last year my goals for genealogy and my blog were about education, energy, texture and hope. They weren't big goals but goals to see what I could I do in a year and how it would impact my genealogy, research and keeping up with a blog for an entire year. I think I did pretty good job.
One of my biggest goals for 2015 was genealogy education and to start the new year off with a bang I began with the Genealogy Do-Over by Thomas MacEntee. I participated in the original group and the final group known as Cycle 4 for 2015. I learned so much and was very overwhelmed in March when the original group finished. I spent March through September using my new skills to update my research, begin new research and build new trees. When Cycle 4 came around I decided to repeat it to help with some of things I was not completely confident in and it was a good decision. I also attended several webinars via Legacy Family Tree.
In 2014, I wrote 47 blog posts between June and December. From January thru New Year's Eve 2015 I will have posted 189 blog posts which is a 300% increase over 2014. I can't believe I wrote that many! I think I have written some very good posts this year. I hope to write even better ones in 2016. I will be keeping up with my regular posts, Family Photo Friday, Surname Saturday and I will continue to announce the newest members of our family as they arrive. I am thinking of adding a some new regular posts but I haven't quite decided which ones and how often.
I am also starting a new blog in 2016. It is The Other Side of Scarlet and will be about my journey to find my biogentic family history. In the meantime, below is a list of my top posts in 5 categories. The four part series on my son's death were the hardest four post I have ever written but it did me a lot of good too.
Thank you one and all for stopping by Dawning Genealogy and reading my stories. I hope you continue to do so in 2016. Wishing you all a very Prosperous and Happy New Year!
TOP 5 Posts for the Genealogy Do-Over
- Things I Learned By Participating in the Genealogy Do-Over (Posted 3 Apr 2015)
- The Genealogy Do-Over - The Best Thing I Did For My Genealogy (Posted 6 Apr 2015)
- Genealogy Do-Over - Original Group Week 2 (Posted 14 Jan 2015)
- Things I Learned By Participating in the Genealogy Do-Over Not Once But Twice (Posted 29 Dec 2015)
- Genealogy Do-Over - Original Group Week 1 (Posted 6 Jan 2015)
- How I Determine Marriages & Pregnancies for my Ancestors When Records Are Scarce (Posted 13 Aug 2015)
- An Open Letter to James Tanner (Posted 3 Nov 2015)
- How to Share My Blog Another Way (Posted 5 Aug 2015)
- Ancestry Drops Another Bombshell - Family Tree Maker to be Discontinued (Posted 10 Dec 2015)
- The New Ancestry and My Frustration (Posted 30 Sep 2015)
- A New Tool From Blogger - Featured Post (Posted 17 Dec 2015)
- The Death of Our Son Part 3 (Posted 11 Feb 2015)
- The Tale of Two Mothers (Posted 9 May 2015)
- The Death of Our Son Part 1 (Posted 9 Feb 2015)
- The Death of Our Son Part 2 (Posted 10 Feb 2015)
- The Death of Our Son - Conclusion (Posted 12 Feb 2015
- Post # 14 Christmas Cookies (Posted 14 Dec 2015)
- Post # 4 Christmas Lights (Posted 4 Dec 2015)
- Post # 13 The First Nativity Scene (Posted 13 Dec 2015)
- Post # 5 Christmas Recipes (I choose cookies) (Posted 5 Dec 2015) and Post # 24 Christmas Eve Traditions (Posted 24 Dec 2015) tied.
- Post # 6 Santa Claus (Posted 6 Dec 2015)
- Post # 17 Christmas Stories (Posted 17 Dec 2015)
- Post # 16 The Genealogy of Jesus (Posted 16 Dec 2015)
- The Descendants of George and Myrtle (Behrle) Rueff (Posted 28 Aug 2015)
- 23 Years Ago We Started Dating! (Posted 20 Nov 2015)
- The Grandchildren of George K and Myrtle (Behrle) Rueff (Posted 3 Jul 2015)
- My Boys and Me (Posted 2 Oct 2015)
- Meet The Original Rueff Boys (Posted 10 Jul 2015)