Tuesday, January 26, 2016

I'm Still Here...

 
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I am still here. January is always busy with closing of the previous year, annual doctor visits (for me anyway) and just getting ready for new year ahead. I am still working behind the  scenes though trying to plan out my blog posts, building new trees with correct citations, finding pictures to go with up coming posts and gathering up documents from local research facilities.

I have made some changes to Dawning Genealogy. My eyes aren't what they used to be and bright colors are giving headaches. I think that the changes are good and make it look sharper. I have also changed to a different font and made it larger. Yes, there is an upcoming eye doctor's appointment in my future! I would really appreciate your feedback on the changes!

I have also been working on my new blog, The Other Side of Scarlet. Firming up previous research, working on my DNA matches through Ancestry and trying to see if I can locate these matches at Gedmatch. It has definitely been time consuming going back and forth but I know in the end it will be worth it. The closest relations I am finding so far are 3rd cousins but most fall into the 4th to 8th cousin range. I am also awaiting my son's DNA test to see where his paternal lines will lead me.

January is almost over but I am working on posts for February!

Take care,

Dawn

 

5 comments: