Thursday, March 24, 2016

Happy Anniversary to My Grandparents, William & Peggy Williams!

My paternal grandparents, William Elmer Williams and Peggy Scott Rich would have been married 86 years today, March 24th. I believe is their 86th Wedding Anniversary, I think! They eloped and used variations of their names on the marriage records which I still have not been able to find but I do have pictures of their wedding announcements from the newspapers and a picture from my grandmother's scrapbook and how she arranged them in her scrapbook. My Aunt Sally is guardian of Grandma's scrapbook.

The photos below are two of wedding announcements that were in the paper announcing the surprise wedding of my grandparents and then one of the few photographs of my grandparents. My grandmother is the daughter of Robert Lincoln Rich and Lillian Bergamot Lanahan and my grandfather was the son of William Points Willams and Sarah Elizabeth Lucas.





(Personal Photograph Collection)

  The photograph above is the page from my grandmother's scrapbook. (Photo from personal collection.)


William and Peggy Williams (Personal Photograph Collection)



3 comments:

  1. These vintage wedding invitations cards are very pretty. Many congratulations to your grandparents on their wedding anniversary. My sister is celebrating her 1st anniversary at party venues in DC. I am thinking to make DIY vintage themed invitations cards for her party. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete