Saturday, October 18, 2014

Connect. Explore. Refresh. FGS 2015





I am proud to be an ambassador for the Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS). FGS is being held February 11th-14th, 2015 in Salt Lake City. Unfortunately, I am unable to attend the conference next year. The theme for 2015 is Connect. Explore. Refresh. 


What does the theme of Connect, Explore and Refresh mean to me?

I am hoping that being an FGS Ambassador will allow me to connect with new people from all aspects of the genealogy community. I enjoy meeting new people. I enjoy being able to learn from others and getting to know them. Learning new things that will take my new friendships and my research to the next level.

For me to be able to explore new opportunities, new methodologies, online classes or any other format I can use to further my knowledge in the genealogy community is exciting and challenging. I have seen the list of seminars being offered at next year's conference and I see so many I would love to participate in. I wonder if in the future the FGS Conference would be available simultaneously as virtual conference too.

By connecting and exploring, I hope to refresh my own genealogy research. We all have list of who, when, where and why questions about our ancestors. That long list of family members that seem to be hiding from every census record imaginable or the one ancestor who seems to have fallen from the sky with no parents, no siblings, a wife with a missing maiden name and a dozen children. So with a new year fast approaching I am planning on refreshing my family tree to see what happens next!

No comments:

Post a Comment