Friday, August 28, 2015

Family Photo Friday ~ The Descendents of George and Myrtle (Behrle) Rueff

Standing L to R: Susie, Dawn Thomas, Jim, Lisa, Patty, Billy, Ronnie, Donna, Bobby holding Jon, Jaclyn, Kristy, Michael, Jeff and Becky. Sitting L to R: My Dad, Kathy, My Mom, Ashley, Aunt Barbara, Melissa, Uncle Kenny, Matt, Aunt Bonnie, Christoper, Uncle Jim and Robin. May 1991. From my personal collection.

When my grandfather, George Rueff passed away on 19 May 1991 we knew that we would all be going to Louisville. He wanted to be buried with his beloved, Myrtle. Each of our families are standing behind our parents. For my instance, my family is on the left so my siblings, each of their spouses, and I were arranged. 

I believe it was a family decision to have the pictures taken of us in one of the bigger rooms at Ratterman Brothers Funeral Home on Lexington Road in Louisville. Know the efficiency of my Mom and my Aunts it was probably before the funeral. Mom doesn't remember and neither do I. 

Our family has grown by leaps and bounds, since this photograph was taken in 1991
My cousins Amy, Donna, Robin and Ronnie and I have added yet another generation as our children (the great grand children) are now having their own families. As of now (grin), providing my math is right, there are fifteen (15), 2nd great children with 2 more due by the end of the year and one due next spring. This generation ranges in age from under a year to about 14 years old. My grandson, Easton is currently the second youngest in the group.
 
Sources:

Ratterman Brothers Funeral Home, 3711 Lexington Road, Louisville, KY 40207 (http://www.rattermanbrothers.com/ : 7 August 2015).


No comments:

Post a Comment