Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving 2015


Happy Thanksgiving!

I have a lot to be thankful for this year! 2015, has been a busy year for me! I am very grateful to have had some great experiences and even some scary ones this year. Here are the things I am very blessed and grateful for this year, in no particular order:

  • For having a great family starting with my husband, Tommy, my son, David & his family, my parents, my siblings & their families, all of my aunts & uncles and my cousins, the very first friends we make! We have had so many new additions across my family as a whole this year with births and marriages. I welcome you all to our family with open arms!
  • To my husband, Tommy, who gave us a big scare this year with his health in July. To his team of doctors who took immediate action and made sure that I continue to have Tommy in my life! I love more than I can say and I am looking forward to many more years with you, Tommy!
  • For being David's Mom, Cassie's mother in law and Easton's grandma, he calls us Jaja & Dede! I am also very blessed & grateful for all of the time I get to spend with my Doodlebug too.
  • For my best friend, Banna! This year marked our 50th year of friendship and to celebrate we went to Savannah! We had a blast and added many new memories! I love you, Banna, thank you for always being there!
  • To all of our friends both near and far! Each of you are blessings and I am glad you are part of our life!
  • Just two months ago, we experienced massive flooding here in South Carolina. While I am grateful that we do not live in the areas where such devastating destruction occurred, our thoughts and prayers this Thanksgiving are with those who were and who continue to be affected by the flood and to their recovery.
  • For my wonderful genea-community and genea-friends for their continued support and encouragement in all things genealogy! For sharing your knowledge, resources and time with a generosity that I have never seen in any other community. 
  • To my fellow genea-bloggers thank you for inspiring, encouraging and challenging me to write about things I never imagined! This year you gave me overwhelming and unconditional support when I wrote about my son's death. It was a difficult series of posts to write and took me a couple of months to do because of all of my tears but it also brought me some peace and a little closure, something I didn't think was ever possible. 
  • To the men and women who serve and have served  in our military forces, thank you for your service!  I am grateful to live in country where you and I are able to enjoy and celebrate so many freedoms. 
I give thanks for all of this and so much more!

Happy Thanksgiving from my family to your family! 

Take care,

Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment