Sunday, January 11, 2015

52 Questions in 52 Weeks

Yesterday morning as my husband Tommy and I were heading to North Carolina to celebrate my Dad's 80th birthday one of my fellow genealogist's posted this link https://familysearch.org/blog/en/52-questions-52-weeks/, on Facebook and for that I am very grateful. These questions first appeared at FamilySearch Blog by Steve Anderson on August 26, 2013.

I was thrilled to see the post because I have been looking for a way to get my cousins (on both sides) more involved with our family history. I think that this is the perfect project to do this one because it won't take to much time from their own busy schedules and two I hope that at the end of this project to compile a meaningful keepsake for our families.

I tossed the idea out yesterday to everyone yesterday and it was well received. Some of my family is not on Facebook so I will be emailing them the questions instead. This morning I set up two private groups for this project on Facebook. For my maternal side I created "Rueff Roots Recollections" for the descendants of George & Myrtle (Behrle) Rueff. For my paternal side I created "Hoback-Williams Recollections" for the descendants of William Elmer and Peggy Scott (Rich) Williams.




For the group page of maternal side, "Rueff Roots Recollections" I used the picture above. Then for the group page of paternal side, "Hoback-Williams Recollections" I used the picture below.


Here is to being able to create a family keepsake for everyone by adding their recollections to my own and then adding all of this to the story of my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment