Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories Post # 15

From now and until Christmas Eve I will be participating in the Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories, 2015 Edition by Thomas MacEntee and the Geneabloggers. If you would like to join you or want to know more about it please see this link.

Today's Christmas memory is about Christmas Tree Decorations.

My Christmas tree is full of handmade porcelain ornaments. They were made by my Aunt Barbara. She has been sending her beautiful ornaments since the mid 1970's. She has also made special occasion items for high school graduations, births, and marriages. I also have some pieces that were made that are not Christmas too. I consider all of the pieces made by my Aunt as heirlooms because they were made by her with love for all of our family.


 These are some of the smaller ornaments I have received


These are some of the icicle ornaments that I have. On the left are the three Wisemen. On the right are the angels. The angel on the left is glazed however, none of the other angels or the Wisemen are glazed.

These are my Christmas bells. If I had to choose a favorite ornament it would be the bells.  Some of them are glazed and some are not. As you can see they are personalized and include the year in which we received them.

  This is the back of the bells above. As you can see, they are all dated some of them have a short saying while others say Merry Christmas.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment