Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Monday's with Easton # 4 and # 5

I didn't get a chance to post my regular "Monday's with Easton" last week because I ended up being there the whole week because he was sick and then Mama and Dada came down with it too. They are all feeling much better! I share Monday's with his other grandmother whom he calls Memaw and she was sick this week too, so I got an extra Monday I wasn't expecting. I do hope Memaw is feeling better soon.

19 October 2015 # 4
 
Last week, all Easton wanted was to be held which I had absolutely no problem with. We watched his favorite movies of the moment which are Frozen, Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs and Ice Age: Continental Drift. It is amazing to see what he focuses on when he was watching these movies. He loves the song, "Walk the Dinosaur" from Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaur which is performed by the cast in the movie. In Frozen, he will get up and dance to all of the songs. He just loves music and especially dancing.

He also loves his books. We read many books last week and he surprised me when I asked him if knew what a rooster said because he immediately said, "cock-a-doodle-do". Hearing Easton say that gave me the idea of calling him Doodlebug! He just smiles and laughs when I call him Doodlebug. 

26 October # 5

Yesterday with my Doodlebug we started by playing outside even though it was cold with the wind blowing. He wanted to wear his raincoat, it was dark and cloudy with rain expected later in the day. I let him wear it because I think he looks adorable but remember I am biased when it comes to Easton. I always bring something with me to give him like bubbles, magnets for the fridge or whatever I find I think he will like. 

We did bubbles yesterday morning and the wind sure did help! My husband and I found thess particular bubble tubes at a Walmart back in June when we were in Greensboro for my niece's high school graduation. They had been marked down to fifty cents a tube. Then while in North Myrtle Beach over Labor Day with my parents we found a set of 8 for $2.50, needless to say we bought a pack. These tubes are 12 inches in length and the wand measures the same length and it is roughly 1 inch wide. It can make one really large bubble but with the wind yesterday and moving the wand back and forth it made about 25 bubbles each time.


After being outside so early blowing bubbles and chasing them we had a morning snack while we watched Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs for the umpteenth time but that's okay. At the end when Queen Latifah and the cast sings "Walk the Dinosaur" my sweet little Doodlebug got up to dance and trying to follow the characters as they danced. I was able to record a small video and he caught me. I posted it to my Facebook page.

After the movie we had lunch and then we were back outside for more fun with the bubble wand. Afterwards we had story time and then it was nap time. I usually take a nap too! We had a snack, then we went back outside for a while but he knew it was getting close to when his Mama would be home and he wanted his Mama. So we went out to the garage with him holding my car keys and played with his toy car until Mama came home!

Guess what movies he will be getting for Christmas? The whole collection of Ice Age movies. I just learned there is a new Ice Age movie coming out in 2016, Ice Age: Collision Course. I am looking forward to carrying on this tradition with Easton. I started taking my own children at age 2 to movies and we always had such a fun time. Our first movie was E.T. the Extra Terrestrial.

I love this little boy to the moon and back! 

Sources:

Ice Age Collection (2002-2016), The Movie Database.org (https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/8354-ice-age-collection?language=en : 27 October 2015)

E.T. the Extra Terrestrial (1982), The Movie Database.org (https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/601-e-t-the-extra-terrestrial?language=en : 27 October 2015)

"Walk the Dinosuar" sung by Queen Latifah, written by Donald E. Fagenson, Randall Keith Jacobs & David Jay Weiss, Lyrics Freak (http://www.lyricsfreak.com/w/was+not+was/walk+the+dinosaur_20343256.html : 27 October 2015).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment