Saturday, October 31, 2015

Surname Saturday # 6 ~ My Children's Paternal Line of Plowden & Allied Families*

Please note that the names above are listed with wife's maiden name first followed by the husband's name.

The surname of Plowden comes from my children's paternal grandmother, Ursula Floride Plowden Kitts. There are still many descendants from these families still living in South Carolina. From my research I have learned that many of these families came to South Carolina from England via the Caribbean Islands. There are several surnames that are also part of my children's French Huguenot history as well.

There are few Plowden men who served in the American Revolution and many more who served in the Civil War for the Confederacy.

If you are researching any of these fine families who came to South Carolina in the hope of starting new lives, please let me know and let's see how we are RELATED! 

1 comment:

  1. My name is Karen Walker from Wash DC. My great grandmother's Mom twin sister married Rufus Plowden and her name was Roberta Pringle (maiden nsme). They were from Sumter SC.

    ReplyDelete