Monday, December 14, 2015

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories Post # 14

From now and until Christmas Eve I will be participating in the Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories, 2015 Edition by Thomas MacEntee and the Geneabloggers. If you would like to join you or want to know more about it please see this link.

Today's Christmas memory is about Christmas cookies. 

Last week I shared my Fennel cookie recipe and the Christmas Cookie Rules, you can find both here. Today I am sharing my Mom's recipe for Pfeffernusse Cookies (aka German Spice Cookies). My son David could not say pfeffernusse so he called them "rocks". They are a special favorites of my son and my husband. It is best if these are the last cookie made because they need to sit for at least 8 hours or overnight then in the morning you will shake them in a paper bag or ziploc bag filled with confectioners sugar. This particular recipe makes 7 dozen cookies! If you decide to try this recipe please let me know how you like them.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment